Adding ${python.branch} without the . to Python groups

Ryan Schmidt ryandesign at macports.org
Fri Aug 17 16:12:00 PDT 2012

On Aug 17, 2012, at 13:02, Blair Zajac <blair at orcaware.com> wrote:

> I'm working on unifying py2{5,6,7}-logilab-astng and they all depend upon the corresponding $py2{5,6,7}-logilab-common.  Can we add to the python groups another variable without the . in it, so I can do
>
> depends_lib-append  port:py{python.SOMETHING}-logilab-common
>
> What should we call SOMETHING?

As others already pointed out, in the unified python-1.0 portgroup, it's:

py${python.version}

In the unified php-1.1 portgroup, I wanted to try something different, and I found it comfortable to have the variable simply be:

${php}

That way you could write e.g. (from the php-gdchart port):

depends_lib-append          port:${php}-gd

or (from the php-APC port):

conflicts       ${php}-eaccelerator ${php}-xcache

So far this has worked fine.