CMake: FindXYZ.cmake install directory?

Craig Miller craig.miller at spatialminds.com
Fri Aug 17 20:32:02 PDT 2012

I'm working on a port that has a FindXYZ.cmake file as one of it's files.  I'm having a lot of trouble getting this file installed to a location where it can be found.  If I install FindXYZ.cmake to the /opt/local/cmake-2.8/Modules path it will be found and my XYZ libs/includes will also be found.  As my FindXYZ.cmake file isn't a part of the official cmake macports distribution this seems like a bad idea.  I'd like to install the FindXYZ.cmake file under /opt/local/XYZ/cmake/ or something similar.

The CMake documentation indicates that the file needs to be on the CMAKE_MODULE_PATH.  Even if I explicitly set this path, the version of cmake that macports installs doesn't seem to be finding it.  I'm sure I'm doing something wrong as I'm *very* new to MacPorts.

If anyone has any insight on how to properly install a cmake FindXYZ.cmake file that isn't a part of the cmake distribution I'd be very happy to buy you a beer/coffee if your ever in Seattle.  :)

Thanks,
Craig

Craig Miller
http://spatialminds.com