texlive dependencies - installing texlive when it didn't before (e.g. latex2html)

John Owens john_owens at yahoo.com
Sat Aug 18 17:12:48 PDT 2012

I spent a while ~2 years ago fixing up a bunch of ports so that if someone
had MacTex installed, macports would not also install texlive. After a Snow
Leopard install, I'm a little puzzled. For example, latex2html:

$ port deps latex2html
Full Name: latex2html @2008_3
Library Dependencies: perl5
Runtime Dependencies: texlive-latex, ghostscript, netpbm

But when I look at the latex2html port, the only dependency is:

depends_run             bin:latex:texlive-latex \

Since that's a bin dependency, it ought to look for something in my
binpath. bibtex2html has something similar (and also requires a texlive
install):

depends_run      bin:bibtex:texlive-basic

I'm suspecting this has something to do with "texlive-latex" and
"texlive-basic" as opposed to the actual executable name (i.e. "latex"
or "bibtex"). Happy to take advice on how I should update these, and
sorry if I missed something along the way on this topic.

JDO