Disabling a Variant?

Jeremy Lavergne jeremy at lavergne.gotdns.org
Sat Aug 18 19:05:38 PDT 2012

> But I don't think I can "disable_variant".  What's the correct way to go
> about doing this?  Will "port" work correctly when upgrading from
> "qt4-mac +mysql" to a new version without the +mysql variant, if that's
> the way to go?

The way I usually do it is add in a dependency in the now-empty variant, then eventually remove the variant. The goal being that the user will then end up with the new port installed via a dependency before the variant leaves qt4-mac.

As for properly marking it requested, I suspect you can do that via the API as well, no?