Enabling fetch.type svn to work with a proxy

Christoph Iserlohn ciserlohn at macports.org
Tue Aug 21 14:19:12 PDT 2012

Am 21.08.12 19:26, schrieb Blair Zajac:
> On 08/21/2012 01:51 AM, Christoph Iserlohn wrote:

>>> Shouldn't it be looking at the proxy* variables in macports.conf
>>> instead
>> of environment variables which would have already been cleared?
>>>

>> I thought the proxy* variables from macports.conf would be injected into
>> the env variable.
>> The relevant part from macports.tcl:
>
> The environmental variables will be available by the time the fetch
> runs?  If so, I can use them.

The environment variables are available when fetch runs. They can be
accessed with:
${::env(<name of env var goes here>)}
or
global env
${env(<name of env var goes here>)}

In your case ${::env(http_proxy)} will contain (in this precedence)
HTTP_PROXY from your env if set, proxy_http from macports.conf if set or
WEB PROXY from your
System Preferences if set (see the comment in macports.conf). Keep in
mind that, unless you use the -E switch, most environment variables
(including HTTP_PROXY)
will be cleared when you run port as sudo. I would suggest that you use
proxy_http from macports.conf.

--
Christoph