Alternate build directory for CMake-based port?

Ryan Schmidt ryandesign at macports.org
Thu Aug 23 15:53:50 PDT 2012

On Aug 23, 2012, at 09:39, Kevin Reid <kpreid at switchb.org> wrote:

> GNU Radio also insists that the build directory be different from the source directory

There are many ports using the cmake portgroup that do this, using commands like the ones shown earlier in this thread. Some months ago I added to my to-do list, but did not begin to work on, a project to modify the cmake portgroup to always do an out-of-source build. This would involve removing from the existing ports any manual implementations of this, and testing all the ports using the portgroup to verify that they still build. Since out-of-source builds seem to be very common and recommended for cmake, I expect all ports to support this, but if not, an option could be added to the portgroup to let ports opt out.