buildbots register port files

Ryan Schmidt ryandesign at macports.org
Fri Aug 24 22:33:42 PDT 2012

On Aug 24, 2012, at 19:24, Bradley Giesbrecht <pixilla at macports.org> wrote:

>> On Aug 24, 2012, at 18:46, Bradley Giesbrecht wrote:
>>
>>> Do the buildbots register "port contents"  in a common database?
>>
>> Not that I know of.
>>

>>> Would be nice if trac had a string search returning file paths and which "port provides" them.
>>
>> Yes, but it would only work for ports the buildbot successfully builds; and would only find files installed by that default installation; it wouldn't find files only installed by certain variants or only on platforms the buildbot does not build.
>
> I'll take that as a "Yes, it would be nice" ;)

Even if it were possible to integrate into Trac, I don't know that it would belong there, but it's certainly something that would be nice to have in a hypothetical totally-redesigned ports.php page. Some other ideas floated for such a redesign:

ports.php: web site should have page about each port, not link to portfile

https://trac.macports.org/ticket/19300

ports.php: category pages hard to navigate; consider by-letter navigation

https://trac.macports.org/ticket/19298

add license display to ports.php

https://trac.macports.org/ticket/20946