PortGroups / New to Port File Development, Sorry!

Ben Smith ben at wbpsystems.com
Sat Aug 25 15:22:56 PDT 2012

Hi All -

I apologize for what I'm sure is a very stupid question.  I'm new to
port file development so I'm pretty confused.  Here's what I'm trying
to do:

I have two python apps (I'm saying apps instead of scripts because
each contains multiple files -- I'm not sure if that's going to cause
a problem yet either), that run on the command line: HeapCL and
TorchCL.  The concept/implementation is very close to GoogleCL.  These
are command line tools that talk to a couple of WebApps (a CRM and
project management tool) and allow you to manipulate the API from the
command line.

So, what they are, in terms of files is one file (called HeapCL or
TorchCL) that is a python script and has a kind of unix executable
file, also in the same directory as the executable file is a bunch of
files and directories (still all python) that is used to support the
executable file.  As I said, almost exactly like GoogleCL.