akonadi port needs an update!!! WAS Re: Strange mix of mysql versions during qt4-mac install

MK-MacPorts at techno.ms MK-MacPorts at techno.ms
Thu Dec 6 09:52:41 PST 2012

On Dec 5, 2012, at 9:53 AM, Bradley Giesbrecht wrote:
>> 	$ port installed mysql*
>> 	The following ports are currently installed:
>> 	mysql5 @5.1.66_2 (active)
>> 	mysql5-server @5.1.66_1 (active)
>> 	mysql55 @5.5.28_2 (active)
>
> It looks like mysql55 is installed?
> Are you suggesting the qt4-mac-mysql55-plugin should depend on mysql55-server instead of mysql55??

Hmm, well, I just didn't expect to see mysql5-server 5.1.66…

But it looks like akonadi is responsible for this:
---
$ port dependents mysql5-server
akonadi depends on mysql5-server
---

In port akonadi one finds
---
depends_run-append  path:libexec/mysqld:mysql5-server
configure.args-append  -DDATABASE_BACKEND=MYSQL
---
which means that only if path:libexec/mysqld can't be found mysql5-server would be installed.

But mysql55 supplies mysqld at a different location:
---
$ port contents mysql55 | grep mysqld
…
  /opt/macports-test/lib/mysql55/bin/mysqld
…
---
which would require a different path, i.e. path:lib/mysql55/bin/mysqld…

I wonder how such a case could be handled. It looks like the akonadi port needs an update here!!!