akonadi port needs an update!!! WAS Re: Strange mix of mysql versions during qt4-mac install

Bradley Giesbrecht pixilla at macports.org
Fri Dec 7 08:25:02 PST 2012

On Dec 7, 2012, at 5:17 AM, Nicolas Pavillon wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I just took maintainership of akonadi, so I did not yet take the time to look much at the port.
>
>> The akonadi port should provide variants to let the user choose which of the many mysql ports should be used to satisfy the mysql dependency—as should any other ports depending on mysql.
>
> I will look into this, in particular since mariadb for instance is also explicitly referenced as a viable substitute for mysql.
>
>>> $ port contents mysql55 | grep mysqld
>
> The variants to be made should also take care of the paths problems, especially since they appear to change depending on the version:
>
> $ port contents mysql5 | grep mysqld
>
>  /opt/local/libexec/mysqld
> (among other things).
> Akonadi is anyway presently announced as depending on mysql5. So mysql55 should have no links with this issue.
>
>>> In port akonadi one finds
>>> ---
>>> depends_run-append  path:libexec/mysqld:mysql5-server
>>> configure.args-append  -DDATABASE_BACKEND=MYSQL
>
> Finally, by looking at it, I realised these instructions are outdated. As for now, the port builds for sqlite anyway because of misconfiguration. The port will need rewrite anyway.
>
> Cheers,
>
> Nicolas
>
> On Dec 7, 2012, at 9:54 PM, Ryan Schmidt <ryandesign at macports.org> wrote:

>>> Hmm, well, I just didn't expect to see mysql5-server 5.1.66…
>>>
>>> But it looks like akonadi is responsible for this:
>>> ---
>>> $ port dependents mysql5-server
>>> akonadi depends on mysql5-server
>>> ---
>>>
>>> In port akonadi one finds
>>> ---
>>> depends_run-append  path:libexec/mysqld:mysql5-server
>>> configure.args-append  -DDATABASE_BACKEND=MYSQL
>>> ---
>>> which means that only if path:libexec/mysqld can't be found mysql5-server would be installed.
>>>
>>> But mysql55 supplies mysqld at a different location:
>>> ---
>>> $ port contents mysql55 | grep mysqld
>>> which would require a different path, i.e. path:lib/mysql55/bin/mysqld…
>>>
>>> I wonder how such a case could be handled. It looks like the akonadi port needs an update here!!!
>>
>> The akonadi port should provide variants to let the user choose which of the many mysql ports should be used to satisfy the mysql dependency—as should any other ports depending on mysql.

Nicolas: Here is an akonadi diff which adds variants for all the mysql's and produces a ui_error in no sql variant is selected including the sqlite variant.

One issue is that the old mysql5 port does not install mysqld. I'm in the process of updating the mysql5 port to install mysqld.

Regards,
Bradley Giesbrecht (pixilla)