port pkg missing PackageMaker.app

Jeremy Lavergne jeremy at lavergne.gotdns.org
Fri Dec 7 14:27:20 PST 2012

> Having never worked with pkg and mpkg, can this easily be moved over to use pkgbuild instead?  Would this be pretty straight forward for me to code in MacPorts?  Or should I find PackageMaker?  I'm using Xcode 4.5.2.

I can only speak to PackageMaker: it's in the auxiliary tools that are periodically distributed with Xcode (also on connect.apple.com). You can install it wherever, but the default is to drag/drop it to /Applications/PackageMaker

The version of PackageMaker doesn't usually change, however whenever the auxiliary tools are distributed the binaries are linked against new libraries.