[MacPorts] Tickets modified

Rainer Müller raimue at macports.org
Fri Dec 21 01:26:29 PST 2012

On 2012-12-21 04:08, Ryan Schmidt wrote:

> On Dec 20, 2012, at 09:26, MacPorts <noreply at macports.org> wrote:
>
>> +NOTE: There is a bug in Trac that does not pass the '+' sign properly to the query, use a link here instead of `query:` syntax.
>
> "+" is a special character in the query portion of URLs and is used to represent a space; this is weird and should probably not be used. If you want a plus, use %2B; if you want a space, use %20.

Exactly, I want a space there. But I cannot use a real space, as that
separates the URL from the link title in Trac's wiki syntax. So I tried
encoding the space with a + sign... I also tried with the URL encoded
characters %2B, but Trac will to be too smart about that and encodes the
percent sign, so that becomes %252B.

I just read through the documentation for Trac again and found the
solution just now. It's not a real but, but special quoting needs to be
applied according to the rules for TracLinks (I was only looking at the
TracQuery documentation yesterday). The correct quoting needs to be
applied to the whole argument of query. So that is now:

[query:"keywords~=haspatch maintainer&status!=closed" haspatch+maintainer]

Rainer