gmsh

Vincent Habchi vince at macports.org
Sat Dec 29 04:21:24 PST 2012

Ryan,

> If you don't do that, and you just make the port build differently based on the variants of gmsh that are installed, you will run into problems like this: gmsh does not have a qt4 variant but I presume you are planning on adding one. Let us assume qt4 is not a default_variant. Therefore the buildbot only builds gmsh without qt4 support. Assume the user installs gmsh with the qt4 variant. It build from source on his machine because no binary with that variant was built by the buildbot. Assume the user now installs the python bindings port. The user wants the bindings to support qt4, but the user receives a binary from the buildbot which was built without qt4 support.

That’s perfectly sound. I’ll add the necessary steps to enforce coherency.

Meanwhile, I got a build with my preliminary Portfile. I have .so libs, .py files and a __init__.py. I put all that together in a ‘gmshpy’ directory under site-packages, but I can’t make it work:

>>> import gmshpy
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "<stdin>", line 1, in <module>
  File "/opt/local/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/3.2/lib/python3.2/site-packages/gmshpy/__init__.py", line 4, in <module>
    from gmshCommon import *
ImportError: No module named gmshCommon

There must be something lacking in the __init__.py file :

-> more __init__.py
# set Ctrl-C to default signal (terminates immediately)
import signal
signal.signal(signal.SIGINT, signal.SIG_DFL)
from gmshCommon import *
from gmshGeo import *
from gmshNumeric import *
from gmshPost import *
from gmshSolver import *
from gmshMesh import *
GmshInitialize()

Ryan, or any Python guru, do you have a clue on how to fix this?

Vincent