duplicate ports and the PortIndex

Rainer Müller raimue at macports.org
Fri Feb 3 16:13:56 PST 2012

On 2012-01-30 09:25 , Dan Ports wrote:
> We've had a few duplicate ports recently, usually as part of unifying
> Python ports. That's easily fixable -- but, to my surprise, it isn't
> enough just to remove one of the offending ports. We also need to make
> some change to the remaining port (say, a whitespace change) to force
> portindex to re-index it.

I can confirm this bug. The problem is that the portindex script only
compares the mtime of the Portfile and the old PortIndex to determine if
the old data can be reused.

There needs to be a another check if the entry to be reused refers to
the same port directory as the index is based on the name only.

Rainer