[89670] trunk/dports/_resources/port1.0/group/github-1.0.tcl

Ryan Schmidt ryandesign at macports.org
Mon Feb 6 17:49:29 PST 2012

On Feb 6, 2012, at 17:55, Jeremy Lavergne wrote:

>> I would guess that in the vast majority of projects, when a tag is created, the tag name is or ends with the version number. This was the case in all the ports that I converted to the github portgroup so far. If you've found one that doesn't follow that convention, let me know.
>
> lilypond-devel uses both prefix and suffix.

lilypond does not appear to be hosted at github. Or do you mean this fork?

https://github.com/aspiers/lilypond

They use the prefix "release/". One argument would be that they also use the suffix "-1" but the other argument would be that that's part of the version number.

We could conceivably add a fifth parameter to github.setup for the tag suffix, if indeed that turns out to be something that people do when creating tag names.

> I've seen releases elsewhere (that I can't remember) that are purely code name and no version info.

In those cases I suppose one could use the third parameter of github.setup (the "version number") as the tag name, skip the fourth parameter, overwrite the version variable later, and write a livecheck manually.