[89740] trunk/dports/textproc/libxml2/Portfile

Marko Käning MK-MacPorts at techno.ms
Wed Feb 8 22:50:19 PST 2012

Dear Joshua,

Only now I see this your change in the port file:
---
# skip to revision 3 if a rev bump is needed with version 2.7.8
#revision              2
---
OK, how right you are, I could have done this myself right after my tests. I had been obviously too confused to realize that this would have been the easiest way to go to cause least impact on all the MP users.

Next time I'll be better.

No, hopefully there won't be a next time.

I think it would be a great feature if one could perhaps send a Portfile + files directory as a tbz2 or so to the buildbot. There the buildbot then would unpack it and act on it as if it had checked it out from the MP SVN tree. This way one could do tests on the buildbot without affecting anyone's installation.

Shall I file a feature request on MP's trac for this?

Alternatively one could think about an option in the BB's web interface which would trigger a deletion of the currently saved binaries of a certain port. That would enable the maintainer to commit changes to a port without increasing the version or revision and test stuff. Still, MP users installing the port in question anew would certainly install the latest version. So, it's more a workaround, I know...

Greets,
Marko