[89842] trunk/dports/x11/xorg-libX11/Portfile

Jeremy Huddleston jeremyhu at macports.org
Tue Feb 14 21:20:42 PST 2012

On Feb 14, 2012, at 11:50 AM, Jeremy Lavergne <jeremy at lavergne.gotdns.org> wrote:

>> Works for me here... where is that "no_default_gcc" coming from?
>
> Comes from our page detailing that the build script isn't using the compiler MacPorts set e.g., "gcc":
> http://trac.macports.org/wiki/UsingTheRightCompiler
>
> The page instructs on detect blind use of "gcc" by setting up a dummy gcc in MacPorts' binpath.

Well I get:

checking for cpp... /usr/bin/cpp
checking if /usr/bin/cpp requires -undef... no
checking if /usr/bin/cpp requires -traditional... no

which seems fine to me, so ... maybe the problem is in base because we don't set a cpp when clang is the chosen compiler.  Perhaps we should use the compiler fallbacks if the tool isn't set... ?

--Jeremy