[openssh] openssh @5.9p1_0 fails to build

Bjarne D Mathiesen macintosh at mathiesen.info
Wed Feb 15 16:38:26 PST 2012

Ryan Schmidt wrote:

> On Feb 15, 2012, at 07:42, Bjarne D Mathiesen wrote:
> Then I guess it's a bug. We already have a ticket open, which has had several duplicates filed:
>
> https://trac.macports.org/ticket/23422

It's that one again :-(
That's embarassing -- I'm the one who reported the issue, and then I
forget to check for it :-( ;-)

Kerberos5 is installed as a dependency of cclient.
For some reason I had cclient on the 32-bit but NOT kerberos5
I must have been messing around with it at some point - possibly when I
originally reported the issue - and forgotten to re-install kerberos5
again :-(

Well ...
port -f uninstall kerberos5
port install openssh
port install kerberos5
... fixed the problem

I had decided to finally learn some of the intricacies of OpenSSH - like
using public keys only for authentication - and thus decided to mess
around with the macports OpenSSH as a replacement for Apples older version.

Two of my computers are facing The Tubes directly, and I had obeserved
several attempts to crack the root password, so I thought it was aboout
time to finally up the security properly.

--
Bjarne D Mathiesen
København N ; Danmark ; Europa