XCode 4.3

Jeremy Lavergne jeremy at lavergne.gotdns.org
Thu Feb 16 21:51:56 PST 2012

> 3) Since XCode is now an app, you no longer have the "UNIX Development" (or similar, I can never remember the exact naming) installed to / by the installer.  If you goto XCode's preferences, you will see a "Downloads" tab.  You should see it now listed in there as an optional download.  Also, I think XCode will notify you on launch if it sees an older toolchain installed to /, so you were probably be told about this when you did step 2 anyways.

In addition to Xcode itself [1], the "Command Line Tools for Xcode - February 2012" [2] are available as a separate download on the dev site, for those not using the App Store.

I know xcode-select stores the current path for the selected xcode here:
/usr/share/xcode-select/xcode_dir_path

MacPorts should be able to interrogate the path there and ensure its existence prior to calling `xcodebuild -version`. I think this will be a good way to check that `xcodeselect -switch` as been run.

 1 http://connect.apple.com/cgi-bin/WebObjects/MemberSite.woa/wa/getSoftware?bundleID=21048
 2 http://connect.apple.com/cgi-bin/WebObjects/MemberSite.woa/wa/getSoftware?bundleID=21047