Deactivation error

Ryan Schmidt ryandesign at macports.org
Fri Feb 17 13:54:44 PST 2012

On Feb 17, 2012, at 15:15, Blair Zajac wrote:

> Any idea how to clean up this error:
>

> $ port -f -v uninstall mercurial
> --->  Deactivating mercurial @2.0.1_0+bash_completion
> Error: Target org.macports.deactivate returned: this entry does not own the given file
> Warning: the following items did not execute (for mercurial): org.macports.deactivate
> Log for mercurial is at: /opt/local/var/macports/logs/_opt_local_var_macports_registry_portfiles_mercurial_2.0.1_0+bash_completion/mercurial/main.log
> Warning: Failed to execute portfile from registry for mercurial @2.0.1_0+bash_completion
>

> $head /opt/local/var/macports/logs/_opt_local_var_macports_registry_portfiles_mercurial_2.0.1_0+bash_completion/mercurial/main.log
> version:1
> :debug:main Executing org.macports.main (mercurial)
> :debug:deactivate deactivate phase started at Fri Feb 17 13:13:42 PST 2012
> :debug:deactivate Executing org.macports.deactivate (mercurial)
> :msg:deactivate --->  Deactivating mercurial @2.0.1_0+bash_completion
> :debug:deactivate /opt/local/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.7/lib/python2.7/site-packages/mercerial/locale/zh_CN/LC_MESSAGES/hg.mo does not exist.
>

> Looks like the filename list has a typo in it with "mercerial" instead of "mercurial".

I find no occurrences of "mercerial" in either the mercurial portfile or its distfile, at versions 2.0, 2.0.1, or 2.1. A Google search for "mercerial" on site:macports.org or site:macosforge.org returns no results. So I don't know what to make of that.

The "this entry does not own the given file" message is unfamiliar to me; perhaps you're running trunk and this is part of the new rebuild-if-libraries-are-updated code. I seem to remember something about this being fixed. Is your trunk build up to date?