XCode 4.3

Jack Howarth howarth at bromo.med.uc.edu
Sat Feb 18 08:49:01 PST 2012

On Sat, Feb 18, 2012 at 09:11:03PM +1100, Joshua Root wrote:
> So it looks like we can't support Xcode 4.3 until there's a fix or
> workaround for this problem. I've added some notices to the web site.

   I don't recall if the installation of Xcode via the App Store automatically launched
Xcode at the end of the process. In any case, users who manually download Xcode 4.3
from connect.apple.com may just copy Xcode.app into /Applications without running it.
Perhaps port should be able to...

1) Detect if Xcode.app is >= 4.3 and has never been run (such that port user could be
presented with an error message to launch Xcode and install the command line tools).
2) Detect if Xcode.app installed the command line tools but failed to set the directory
path and automatically do this for the user if required.

Using MacPorts and Fink can be daunting enough for new users without having
to perform a mystery dance to install Xcode first.