XCode 4.3

Dan Ports dports at macports.org
Sat Feb 18 22:35:29 PST 2012

On Fri, Feb 17, 2012 at 05:51:30PM +1100, Joshua Root wrote:
> No. This is exactly as big a change as Xcode 4.1 -> 4.2, which also
> changed the default compiler path.

Well, it's a bit different in that the previous compiler path is no
longer even valid. That didn't happen with the 4.2 upgrade.

I'm not worried so much about libtool as about other ports that record
the compiler and cflags used to build them, and use those to build
modules -- perl, python, apr, and postgres come to mind. The failure
mode is pretty non-intuitive here, so it'd be nice if we could tell
people what ports they need to rebuild, but I odn't have any ideas as
to how.

(One could argue that it's a bug that, e.g. perl modules build using
the compiler that built perl rather than configure.compiler, but I'm
not sure that's something we either want to or can easily change.)

Dan

--
Dan R. K. Ports              MIT CSAIL                http://drkp.net/