XCode 4.3

Dan Ports dports at macports.org
Sat Feb 18 23:16:50 PST 2012

On Sun, Feb 19, 2012 at 02:42:38PM +1100, Joshua Root wrote:
> Remember the location of the invoking user's home dir by saving $HOME
> when we start up. Set HOME at the macports level to
> ${prefix}/var/macports/home. Copy or link the Xcode plist from the
> user's home into ${prefix}/var/macports/home.
>
> Create something like ${workpath}/.home for each port and copy or link
> the Xcode plist to there from the user's home. Set HOME to that dir when
> doing command_exec.
>
> That way we're using the user's own prior acceptance of the EULA when
> they execute port.

That all sounds reasonable to me. I'd be happier if we could also
detect that the user hasn't accepted the EULA and give a friendly error
message. I don't suppose there's a way to figure this out short of
looking for the right entry in the plist?

The number of bug reports we've gotten from people who've downloaded
Xcode 4.2 but not run the installer suggests to me it's worth doing
this.

Dan

--
Dan R. K. Ports              MIT CSAIL                http://drkp.net/