XCode 4.3

Bjarne D Mathiesen macintosh at mathiesen.info
Sun Feb 19 04:18:10 PST 2012

Aljaž Srebrnič wrote:
> Unfortunately, the user "macports" has its home directory in /var/empty, so even if I set a home via -H, it will have no effect (/var/empty is read only AFAIK)
>
> Aljaž Srebrnič

hmmm ... how about :

# prefix with 'sudo' -or- 'ssh root at localhost'
mkdir -p /opt/local/users/macports
chown macports:macports /opt/local/users/macports
dscl . -create /Users/macports \
       NFSHomeDirectory /opt/local/users/macports

as a temporary workaround until a permanent solution has been found in a
update to macports

--
Bjarne D Mathiesen
København N ; Danmark ; Europa