XCode 4.3

Art McGee amcgee at gmail.com
Sun Feb 19 14:11:41 PST 2012

>> I've got MacPorts, Fink, and Pkgsrc co-existing on my machine, and
>> they're working OK so far.
>
> I hope that means that you have both MacPorts and Fink configured for nonstandard prefixes, meaning your MacPorts is somewhere other than
> /opt/local and your Fink is somewhere other than /sw. Otherwise you're just asking for trouble.

I've been using it this way since Tiger, and haven't had any problems,
mainly because MacPorts is my primary, and Fink is only a backup when
something is missing or out of date in MacPorts (e.g., Re-Alpine).

Also, the PATH, MANPATH, and INFOPATH to MacPorts comes before Fink,
which I read as advice somewhere a long time ago, and that seems to
allow it to work.

I imagine if I was using Fink more heavily then I might run into a
conflict, but I'm not, so I haven't.

Art