[90028] branches/release_2_0/base

Dan Ports dports at macports.org
Mon Feb 20 02:18:17 PST 2012

On Mon, Feb 20, 2012 at 08:49:24PM +1100, Joshua Root wrote:
> On 2012-2-20 19:32 , Dan Ports wrote:
> > Does that mean we'll have to require people to have both Xcode and the
> > command-line tools package installed?
>
> Yes, that seems the best way to avoid future problems if the compiler
> paths inside developer_dir change again. We require other stuff in
> /usr/bin anyway, like make.

Well, it'd be nice not to require the extra download and install, since
the files are available inside the Xcode bundle.

But I think you're right that for now we should just require the CLI
tools. What we have on release_2_0 right now is something we can
release quickly to get things working with 4.3. I think the xcrun
changes still need some more testing.

Ideally, we could eventually also support just having the stand-alone
CLI tools package installed without Xcode -- obviously, only for ports that
don't require Xcode to build. But that's something to think about *after*
we get this working.

Dan

--
Dan R. K. Ports              MIT CSAIL                http://drkp.net/