Xcode 4.3 issues, potential solutions

Dan Ports dports at macports.org
Mon Feb 20 03:15:04 PST 2012

On Fri, Feb 17, 2012 at 10:32:48AM -0800, James Berry wrote:
> > 	(2) If developer_dir is not set, or is not correct, do the following, in order
> >
> > 		(a) Use any valid value from: xcode-select -print-path (the user has chosen an Xcode, or Xcode's default is correct)

[...]

> I've basically implemented 2.a and 2.b in r88970-88971, btw. The only caveat being that if the user has explicitly set an invalid developer_dir in macports.conf, I don't catch or warn about that.

I tried this on a fresh Lion install that didn't have a previous
installation of Xcode. I installed 4.3 and didn't run xcode-select,
leaving it with no selected Xcode. I didn't get any warnings about
needing to run xcode-select.

I'll take a closer look tomorrow, but I think what's going on here is
that xcode-select exists, but fails to run. `xcode-select -print-path`
gives an error message and returns with a non-zero error code, and
set_developer_dir doesn't handle that.

Dan

--
Dan R. K. Ports              MIT CSAIL                http://drkp.net/