Deactivation error

Blair Zajac blair at orcaware.com
Mon Feb 20 13:06:12 PST 2012

On 2/17/12 11:54 PM, Joshua Root wrote:
> On 2012-2-18 08:15 , Blair Zajac wrote:
>> :msg:deactivate --->   Deactivating mercurial @2.0.1_0+bash_completion
>> :debug:deactivate
>> /opt/local/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.7/lib/python2.7/site-packages/mercerial/locale/zh_CN/LC_MESSAGES/hg.mo
>> does not exist.
>>

>> Looks like the filename list has a typo in it with "mercerial" instead
>> of "mercurial".
>
> That's odd, since any files that don't exist (e.g. the user deleted
> them) should just be skipped in deactivate. Maybe there's a consistency
> check in the registry code and the actual_path doesn't match the path.
> I'd go with Dan's theory and check the paths with sqlite3(1).
>
> In any case it looks like the code should be made to just give a warning
> when that happens.

# /usr/bin/sqlite3 registry.db
SQLite version 3.7.7 2011-06-25 16:35:41
Enter ".help" for instructions
Enter SQL statements terminated with a ";"
sqlite> select id from ports where name = 'mercurial';
Error: no such collation sequence: VERSION

So I did the next best thing, "emacs registry.db" :)  I was unable to uninstall
the port.

I'm wishing Mac OS X has a btrfs/zfs style filesystem that does checksums.

Blair