svn sync over https broken with new HOME

Ryan Schmidt ryandesign at macports.org
Mon Feb 20 23:21:15 PST 2012

On Feb 21, 2012, at 00:48, Joshua Root wrote:

> 'port sync' now fails for me with
> https://svn.macports.org/repository/macports/trunk/dports in
> sources.conf. Error is "Server certificate verification failed: issuer
> is not trusted".
>
> It seems that the subversion port doesn't know about the Apple-supplied
> root certs, and it's really inconvenient to put a config file in
> /opt/local/var/macports/home. /usr/bin/svn might do better.

As I recall, the Subversion port doesn't know about any SSL certs at all, which is why in MacPorts base when we use fetch.type svn we set it to ignore certs. Here's the ticket requesting we no longer do that in base:

https://trac.macports.org/ticket/29129

It would be better for Subversion to know about SSL certs, perhaps somehow using the curl-ca-bundle port. Possibly this is not a Subversion issue, but the OpenSSL issue mentioned here:

https://trac.macports.org/ticket/19247