[90075] trunk/base/src/macports1.0/macports.tcl

Dan Ports dports at macports.org
Tue Feb 21 12:08:45 PST 2012

On Wed, Feb 22, 2012 at 02:39:42AM +1100, Joshua Root wrote:
> And why did Dan set the ownership in the first place? I can see that
> making sense in the per-port dirs but not really in the global one.

Without it, the plist had 0600 permissions and it was owned by root, so
xcodebuild couldn't access it once we dropped privileges. Changing the
permissions works to.

Speaking of which, do we actually need to create the plist in both the
global and per-port home directories? It looks like only the global one
is actually used, regardless of $HOME. (This surprised me, I figured
it'd be the other way around.)

Dan

--
Dan R. K. Ports              MIT CSAIL                http://drkp.net/