[90075] trunk/base/src/macports1.0/macports.tcl

Jeremy Huddleston jeremyhu at apple.com
Fri Feb 24 01:56:40 PST 2012

Wait a minute... I'm jumping in a bit at the end here and missed a bit of this progress, so apologies if I'm a bit off based with my limited context... are you guys saving EULA acceptance for the user by copying the plist?  IANAL, but that seems far inside the not-quite-legal zone.

Macports should do no copying of the plist or otherwise "mess" with the license setting for the user.  If it encounters a problem, it should tell the user to run 'sudo xcodebuild -license' ... not copy preferences around all over the place.  Again, IANAL, but that sounds like the safest bet to me.

--Jeremy