[90075] trunk/base/src/macports1.0/macports.tcl

Jeremy Huddleston jeremyhu at apple.com
Fri Feb 24 11:20:23 PST 2012

On Feb 24, 2012, at 04:06, Joshua Root wrote:

> We're not saving EULA acceptance, just putting it somewhere that
> xcodebuild can find it when we're running as the macports user.

That is done for you when the user runs 'sudo xcodebuild -license'  ... you don't need to copy it anywhere

> If a different user runs port, their own plist is copied, so if they
> haven't accepted the EULA they can't still use xcode based on a previous
> user's acceptance. (Whereas that's exactly what can happen if one user
> runs 'sudo xcodebuild -license' and then another user runs port.)

Do I read this right that you're *trying* to make xcodebuild fail?  Also, it still shouldn't fail in this case.  If I've run 'sudo xcodebuild -license' and accept it, there should be *nothing* that you can do to unaccept it.  That acceptance should cover the entire machine, so you don't need to copy around plists everywhere.

> Can we even tell whether xcodebuild or xcrun is failing because it wants
> EULA acceptance as opposed to some other reason?

checking stderr for the message?