[90075] trunk/base/src/macports1.0/macports.tcl

Joshua Root jmr at macports.org
Sat Feb 25 01:26:39 PST 2012

On 2012-2-25 09:55 , Jeremy Lavergne wrote:
>> I'm honestly not sure, sorry.  I did file a radar asking for a better command line interface to accepting and checking the status of acceptance, and that should work for your needs, but unfortunately that doesn't quite help with the released product =/
>
> It happens, sometimes more than not :-)
>
> The other thread indicated the "accepted for everyone" approach is what we'd like to avoid for legal reasons, so I think MacPorts plans to make due with the user plist copying.

It's about convenience for the user, not legal reasons. Of course we
don't want to upset Apple's lawyers, but they're presumably OK with the
"accepted for everyone" feature that Apple provided in the first place.

My point in comparing our approach to it before was simply that what we
do seems less potentially problematic than what Apple already allows,
and should therefore be fine.

- Josh