/Developer symlink with xcode 4.3

Benoit T benoit.triquet at gmail.com
Tue Feb 28 14:26:48 PST 2012

Hello

Why again is it that one may have to symlink
/Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer to /Developer ?

I had to do that in order to build py27-tkinter, a trivial package that
does not have the string "/Developer" hard-coded anywhere in its work
files nor portfile, in order to build with either macports 2.0.4 or svn
HEAD (after making sure that /opt/local/etc/macports/* was all
up-to-date - and essentially pristine, and of course running Xcode.app
for accepting the license and installing the CLI tools).

But i did not have to do that for building the various updated packages
that came out during the last few days when i ran svn HEAD while waiting
for 2.0.4.

I don't know enough about the operation of macports to know where the
incorrect path to llvm-gcc-4.2 comes from and to sort that out from the
recent chatter about moving to Xcode 4.3. Is that just a bug with
py27-tkinter (can't be so if the path to the compiler does not come from
that package, right?) or with macports? I'll be happy to file the right
bug report... once I understand what to report :)

cheers,

--
Benoit Triquet <benoit.triquet at gmail.com>
 .''`.