SDKs directory

Joshua Root jmr at macports.org
Wed Feb 29 06:00:53 PST 2012

On 2012-2-29 20:31 , Aljaž Srebrnič wrote:
> Hello list!
> There's a port I'm trying to fix (nu2) that needs the path to the SDKs
> directory. The problem is, there's a change with Xcode 4.3 and now
> instead of being in $(xcode-select -print-path)/SDKs, it's
> in  $(xcode-select -print-path)/Platforms/MacOSX.platform/Developer/SDKs/.
>
> Is there an 'official' way to obtain the SDK directory or should I just
> check it in a script?

MacPorts doesn't provide a way of looking up where the SDKs are, but
that's because you usually don't need to use an SDK. It does set the
configure.sdkroot option to the path to the SDK you should be using in
all the cases where you should need one.

It would be better to get nu2 to not use an SDK when it doesn't need
one. If that's not possible for some reason, I guess you'll just have to
check $xcodeversion and set the path appropriately.

- Josh