"None" license

Joshua Root jmr at macports.org
Mon Jan 2 16:24:20 PST 2012

On 2012-1-3 04:38 , Arno Hautala wrote:
> I'm putting together a Portfile for "symlinks" by Mark Lord. The
> source doesn't come with a license and the author has stated that it
> doesn't have one [1]. Is there such an identifier for the license
> field in a Portfile?

The author doesn't appear to understand how copyright works and/or what
a license is. If there is no license (and the work is not in the public
domain), we can't distribute the software at all. His direction to "Use
and distribute and modify as you (or anyone else) sees fit" is a (very
permissive) license.

- Josh