[88860] trunk/dports/python/py-pyx/Portfile

Ryan Schmidt ryandesign at macports.org
Fri Jan 13 16:46:50 PST 2012

Let's keep the discussion on the list. Use Reply All when you reply.

On Jan 13, 2012, at 18:07, Philipp Weißmann wrote:

> I have severe problems installing the version without a version-suffix (i.e. py25-pyx);
>
> When installing it with the name py-pyx I get into problems when running the post-destroot segment:
>
>     xinstall -d ${destroot}${prefix}/share/doc/${name}
>     xinstall -m 644 -W ${worksrcpath} INSTALL CHANGES README AUTHORS LICENSE \
>         ${destroot}${prefix}/share/doc/py${python.version}-pyx
>

> I don't get why it happens, it seems some directory structures differ when the py-… version is used instead of the pyXX- version
>
> Perhaps you can give me a pointer,

Now that it's using the unified python portgroup, py-pyx is a stub port. It's not supposed to install anything. All it does is declare a dependency on the default subport of this port. Only the subports (py24-pyx, py25-pyx, etc.) actually install anything. Enclose code that actually installs anything (or declares dependencies) in an "if {${name} != ${subport}}" block.

In a port like py-pyx that has subports, documentation belongs in ${prefix}/share/doc/${subport} not ${prefix}/share/doc/${name}, to avoid conflicts between subports.

I also see you set python.default_version to 27. Since there previously existed a port py-pyx which was using python24, you should not change python.default_version from its default value 24.

The attached patch should fix the problems you were seeing.

Consider running my new badpyports script, which tests for a few common problems in python portgroup ports.

https://trac.macports.org/browser/users/ryandesign/scripts/badpyports