Disabling livecheck in subports

Dan Ports dports at macports.org
Sat Jan 14 02:19:51 PST 2012

On Fri, Jan 13, 2012 at 07:30:12PM -0600, Ryan Schmidt wrote:
> It seems to me that livecheck should be disabled in subports. I use "port livecheck maintainer:ryandesign" to check all my ports for updates, and I imagine other maintainers do similarly, and it is of no benefit to check the same software multiple times; it just wastes time and network bandwidth.

That makes sense, but I sometimes do things like `port livecheck
installed` or `port livecheck rdepof:someport` to check for any ports
that might need updating, especially nomaintainer ones. That wouldn't
work if subports don't have livechecks.

I'm not sure that's an important case to support, but I thought I'd
mention it.

Dan

--
Dan R. K. Ports              MIT CSAIL                http://drkp.net/