subport and dependency

Andrea D'Amore and.damore at macports.org
Sat Jan 21 16:03:34 PST 2012

In r89246 [1], if I move "depends_lib     port:gdal" out of the if
{$subport …} it's not honored, I tried by deactivating gdal and then
installing 'py-gdal'.
Is there a  reason for this?

Also is still 24 a safe default, i.e. not too old, as of today?

I moved a few python port to python-1.0 portgroup, and for them I got
a lint report saying py24- dependency was unknown. I remember
stumbling into this and I figure this is due to portindex not indexing
the default port at the time of commit. Is this correct or if not can
anyone enlight me?

Regards

--
Andrea