[89248] trunk/dports/science/alliance/Portfile

Rainer Müller raimue at macports.org
Sun Jan 22 09:21:40 PST 2012

On 2012-01-22 17:57 , Rainer Müller wrote:
> Remember that llvm-gcc42 will most probably also not be available
> forever and it's already four releases behind the mainline gcc used on
> other platforms.

Oh, and I forgot to add:

We should always add a comment in the Portfile why we needed to switch
the compiler. If it was due to actual bugs in clang, we can probably
switch back with a newer version of Xcode. If it was for some other
reason, upstream might have fixed programming errors in the next release
and we can try again to use clang.

Adding it to the log message is not enough. Running 'svn blame' to find
the right revision where this block was added, reading the log message
and follow the reference to a ticket, looking through all the comments
for the real reason... I hope you get the point :-)

Rainer