KDE 4.8.0

Jeremy Lavergne jeremy at lavergne.gotdns.org
Fri Jan 27 10:24:05 PST 2012

I'm mostly done building the core KDE 4.8.0 packages on Lion. A few edu and localization packages remain on my list. Here are the changes so far:

New port, analitza.
kalzium now depends on ocaml.
kalgebra now depends on analitza, and no longer needs patched.
kdepim4's patches are no longer required.
kdesdk's dependency antlr requires javac to be installed.
kdeutils was not updated.

The pim-related packages have some dependencies I'd like to make use of eventually. If you're able to look into these (e.g., chop out the disable configure.args and then look at the configure output, see what it says was optional but not found, and see if installing them and rerunning configure satisfies them) I'd appreciate it. My efforts with ortp got into a problem where a dependency required a -devel version of a package already depend upon. Ick!

Also, I'm troubled by the fact that the configure script for kdesdk4 has references to *using* svn. I've not looked through the logs or the CMake file to see why yet. Likely this will be easily disabled in the future when it becomes active (it's has yet to be fully implemented).

The packages as I build them are available (self-signed https, snc.pem-signed tbz2 packages):
https://tazamahal.com/macports/