mpkg oddity

Jeremy Lavergne jeremy at lavergne.gotdns.org
Wed Jul 11 08:11:29 PDT 2012

When I'm trying to build an mpkg and a dependency is believed to be missing--it may not be missing, variants are calculated differently during mpkg--MacPorts will not error out when a package fails to build.

I ran into this today: I had a stray .pc file in that happened to trigger pango complaining that cairo had used +x11. MacPorts did not stop when pango failed to build, and continued to build the mpkg which was then missing the pango-component.pkg.

I think this is a fairly unique situation, and quite possibly two bugs: if the variants were calculated in mpkg as elsewhere then the archive for pango would have been used rather than building during mpkg phase, thus avoiding a failed build and missing pkg file.

Has anyone else run into this?