[MacPorts] #34900: mythtv-core.25

Bradley Giesbrecht pixilla at macports.org
Fri Jul 13 13:23:59 PDT 2012

On Jul 13, 2012, at 12:51 PM, Craig Treleaven wrote:

> At 12:30 PM -0700 7/13/12, Bradley Giesbrecht wrote:
>> On Jul 13, 2012, at 12:22 PM, MacPorts wrote:
>>
>>> #34900: mythtv-core.25
>>> Whoops, leftover from testing.  It should be deleted and the line
>>> immediately following uncommented.
>>
>> How are these scripts used, is it intended for the user to double-click them or are they called by some other method?
>
> User double-click.  Myth_Frontend.app, for example, simply launches /opt/local/bin/mythfrontend with appropriate parameters for loglevel, verbosity and logpath.  Plus, the applet icon can be dragged onto the Dock one-click access.
>
> Myth_Filldatabase.app and Myth_Setup.app are similar but only used infrequently; often just when Myth is initially installed.
>
> All of these things can still be done from Terminal--the scripts just simplify and standardize normal operation.  There are a bunch of other executables that can be run from the command line (like mythcommflag to identify commercial breaks in recorded TV; or mythtranscode to re-encode from one AV format to another; etc) but, in practice, are very seldom used.  Usually they are automatically initiated by mythbackend or by user selection within mythfrontend.
>
> Myth_Frontend_Logging.app is a bit different.  It changes the logging parameters stored in the Myth_Frontend.app.  If a user is experiencing a problem, one of the developers may ask them to enable detailed logging in a particular area of the program AND increase the verbosity to 'debug'.  This script is supposed to make that easier.

The files in your attached zip archive are AppleScript Script files (.scpt). I see you are compiling them to Applications (.app) in the Portfile. I suggest these .scpt files be saved as plain text .applescript files so they are human readable:
AppleScript Editor -> File -> Save As ... -> File Format: Text

They can still be compiled to Applications in the Portfile, just change the file names to end in .applescript.
/usr/bin/osacompile -o /path/to/applicationbundle.app /path/to/textfile.txt

Regards,
Bradley Giesbrecht (pixilla)