[95835] trunk/dports/lang

vincent habchi vince at macports.org
Tue Jul 24 07:14:53 PDT 2012

Ryan:

> I don't understand why it was necessary to override the standard fetch, checksum and extract phases.

Because I was just unable to find a way to fetch and extract both github-tarballs the regular way! If you know of a better procedure, please feel free to made any changes so the Portfile sticks to the current regulations.

> In other news, the port currently has a syntax error somewhere:
>
> Can't map the URL 'file://.' to a port description file ("invalid command name "}"").
> Please verify that the directory and portfile syntax are correct.
> To use the current port, you must be in a port's directory.

Strange, it did compile on the Lion buildbot. I’ll check that out ASAP.

> Also it's missing the standard modeline and $Id$ lines.

Well, I will add one.

> The port's whitespace is inconsistent, using spaces on some lines and tabs on others. Please use only spaces, at 4 spaces per indent.

The Portfile is borrowed from clang-3.2,  maybe that explains the inconsistency. Or because I used both vi and TextWrangler to edit it.

> The pre-activate block you copied from another port is not needed in this port

Ah, okay, will remove it then.

Thanks a lot Ryan,
Vincent