[96052] trunk/dports/python

Lawrence Velázquez larry.velazquez at gmail.com
Tue Jul 31 11:56:57 PDT 2012

On Jul 31, 2012, at 2:45 p.m., Yury Selivanov wrote:

> On 2012-07-31, at 2:38 PM, Ryan Schmidt <ryandesign at macports.org> wrote:
>> We'd like to not use these old numbered python groups anymore. Instead, all of the py*-html5lib ports should be unified into a single py-html5lib port using the new unified python portgroup. There are many examples of using this portgroup; just look at other ports in the python category.
>

> I have a question regarding this as well: what if "html5lib" requires
> different patches for different python versions?

You should be able to explicitly specify subport blocks for each Python version (e.g., py27-html5lib, py31-html5lib, etc.) and then define separate patchfiles in each block. I haven't done this myself, though, so there may be a better way to do it.

> And one more - will it be compiled automatically if I install a new
> python version (python 3.3 let's say)?

No, you have to install each subport manually. In addition, you don't get new subports "for free" when new versions of Python become available; the Python portgroup requires each port to explicitly list which versions of Python it supports.

vq