mod_* & libtool

Bjarne D Mathiesen macintosh at mathiesen.info
Sun Jun 3 19:28:07 PDT 2012

Ryan Schmidt wrote:

> On Jun 3, 2012, at 11:05, Bjarne D Mathiesen wrote:
>
>> hmmm ... macports has 8.5.11
>> can we fix it so that macports uses it's own tcl after installation ???
>
> No, we cannot. MacPorts has to be able to function well enough to install its first port when there aren't any ports installed yet. That precludes core functionality of MacPorts from using MacPorts Tcl.

If the macports tcl is installed, does macports then use that _or_ is
the Apple tcl hardcoded into macports ?

If macports is able to install the macports tcl as the first port,
doesn't that solve the problem ???

And I do realise that macports has to be able to be installed using the
resources available from the stock OS, but once it /is/ /installed/ we
ought to be able to bring whatever we need for any port into the system
- incl a newer version of tcl

--
Bjarne D Mathiesen
København N ; Danmark ; Europa