mod_* & libtool

Bjarne D Mathiesen macintosh at mathiesen.info
Mon Jun 4 05:36:49 PDT 2012

Lawrence Velázquez wrote:
> On Jun 3, 2012, at 10:28 p.m., Bjarne D Mathiesen wrote:
>
>> If macports is able to install the macports tcl as the first port,
>> doesn't that solve the problem ???
>>
>> And I do realise that macports has to be able to be installed using the
>> resources available from the stock OS, but once it /is/ /installed/ we
>> ought to be able to bring whatever we need for any port into the system
>> - incl a newer version of tcl
>

> So MacPorts base itself would require the tcl port right from the get-go? Even if I have no intention whatsoever of using it? What would happen if I tried to uninstall it?

Under certain circumstances, macports actually already requires you to
install certain ports in post the base install in order to be able to
function :

cd $prefix/var/macports/sources
mkdir -p svn.macports.org/trunk/dports
cd svn.macports.org/trunk/dports
svn co http://svn.macports.org/repository/macports/trunk/dports/ .

nano /macportstest/etc/macports/sources.conf

pro17:dports root# port -d sync
DEBUG: Copying /var/root/Library/Preferences/com.apple.dt.Xcode.plist to
/macportstest/var/macports/home/Library/Preferences
--->  Updating the ports tree
Synchronizing local ports tree from
file:///macportstest/var/macports/sources/svn.macports.org/trunk/dports/
DEBUG: /usr/bin/svn update --non-interactive
/macportstest/var/macports/sources/svn.macports.org/trunk/dports
DEBUG: changing euid/egid - current euid: 0 - current egid: 0
svn: The path
'/macportstest/var/macports/sources/svn.macports.org/trunk/dports'
appears to be part of a Subversion 1.7 or greater
working copy.  Please upgrade your Subversion client to use this
working copy.
Command failed: /usr/bin/svn update --non-interactive
/macportstest/var/macports/sources/svn.macports.org/trunk/dports

--
Bjarne D Mathiesen
København N ; Danmark ; Europa