mod_* & libtool

Bjarne D Mathiesen macintosh at mathiesen.info
Mon Jun 4 06:22:25 PDT 2012

Jeremy Lavergne wrote:
>> Under certain circumstances, macports actually already requires you to
>> install certain ports in post the base install in order to be able to
>> function :

>> svn: The path
>> '/macportstest/var/macports/sources/svn.macports.org/trunk/dports'
>> appears to be part of a Subversion 1.7 or greater
>> working copy.  Please upgrade your Subversion client to use this
>> working copy.
>
> This isn't a requirement of MacPorts.
>
> You removed the program that created the repository (svn >= 1.7), and the repository happens to not be compatible with the older system-provided client (svn < 1.7).

I can't see where I removed anything ?!?

++ completely new install of MacPorts from source
++ don't install anything at all after base install
++ immediately switch to use svn as described

PATH has been set correctly _before_ install of base

In my experience, switching between rsync & svn still picks up whatever
has been installed under either regime as everything installed gets
consolidated into the same database no matter which repository is used &
which method is used to get the Portfiles.

To me, what seems to happen is, that /usr/bin/svn is able to pull the
first download of the Portfiles, but subsequently upon /port sync/
discovers that it's actually pulled something it's not qualifed to work
with.

--
Bjarne D Mathiesen
København N ; Danmark ; Europa