SF's Servers Changed

Ryan Schmidt ryandesign at macports.org
Wed Jun 6 08:32:09 PDT 2012

On Jun 6, 2012, at 10:03, Bradley Giesbrecht wrote:

> On Jun 6, 2012, at 7:46 AM, Jeremy Lavergne wrote:
>
>> Anyone else having difficulties hitting these servers? Want to verify it's not just my DNS before I axe them from the mirror list.
>>
>> biznetnetworks.dl.sourceforge.net
>> mesh.dl.sourceforge.net
>> transact.dl.sourceforge.net
>
> I checked from two networks and did not pull dns: (add sourceforge.net query to verify dns functionality)
>
> $ dig +noall +answer {sourceforge.net,biznetnetworks.dl.sourceforge.net,mesh.dl.sourceforge.net,transact.dl.sourceforge.net}
> sourceforge.net.	300	IN	A	216.34.181.60
> $

Here are the problem SourceForge servers I see:

http://biznetnetworks.dl.sourceforge.net/project/libpng/libpng14/1.4.11/libpng-1.4.11.tar.bz2
curl: (6) Couldn't resolve host 'biznetnetworks.dl.sourceforge.net'
http://cdnetworks-us-1.dl.sourceforge.net/project/libpng/libpng14/1.4.11/libpng-1.4.11.tar.bz2
curl: (7) couldn't connect to host
http://mesh.dl.sourceforge.net/project/libpng/libpng14/1.4.11/libpng-1.4.11.tar.bz2
curl: (6) Couldn't resolve host 'mesh.dl.sourceforge.net'
http://puzzle.dl.sourceforge.net/project/libpng/libpng14/1.4.11/libpng-1.4.11.tar.bz2
curl: (7) couldn't connect to host
http://softlayer.dl.sourceforge.net/project/libpng/libpng14/1.4.11/libpng-1.4.11.tar.bz2
curl: (6) Couldn't resolve host 'softlayer.dl.sourceforge.net'
http://transact.dl.sourceforge.net/project/libpng/libpng14/1.4.11/libpng-1.4.11.tar.bz2
curl: (6) Couldn't resolve host 'transact.dl.sourceforge.net'

Here is the official list of mirrors:

http://sourceforge.net/apps/trac/sourceforge/wiki/Mirrors

None of the above are on the list so we should remove them from MacPorts.