rev-upgrade to determine if binary is distributable

Joshua Root jmr at macports.org
Thu Jun 7 08:14:19 PDT 2012

On 2012-6-8 01:02 , Jeremy Lavergne wrote:
> This has me wondering: is the code interpreting "apache" to be all versions of apache? If the version is missing, I thought it was suppose to default to 0.

In a Portfile, you should always specify the applicable version
number(s) for the license (if different versions exist), and leave off
the version number if any version of the license can apply. The
distributable script expects this.

The formatting of the conflict list in the script doesn't have anything
to do with that of the portfile license field though.

> From the Guide:
> The proper format for license consists of the license name, followed by a hyphen and number if indicating a specific version.
> If the version number is a “.0” version, the “.0” should be omitted to make the version an integer.

That means you should write Foo-1 rather than Foo-1.0.

> Ah, so all Apache licenses conflict with gpl-1 and gpl-2.

Yes.

- Josh